Homemade BCAA Gummies
This blog has not been approved by your local health department and is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment, or medical advice.
Gummies are a popular snack. Homemade gummies made with BCAA provide the nutrients needed to help muscles recover faster after workouts or other physical activities. The amino acid compounds also provide an energy boost.
After a workout, muscle tissue undergoes breakdown and microscopic injuries. The tissue then goes through the “muscle protein synthesis” repairing process. During this phase, muscles become larger and stronger.
However, if simultaneously trying to lose weight, dieting slows muscle protein synthesis. This is where BCAAs enter the picture. BCAAs contain the amino acids isoleucine, leucine, and valine, which the body cannot produce but needs. The amino acid trio additionally competes with the amino acid tryptophan. Tryptophan converts into serotonin which induces relaxation and drowsiness. By eating BCAAs before and during activity, athletes feel energized while getting the nutrients needed for muscles to regenerate.
California Gold Nutrition BCAA powder is gluten-free, non-GMO, and soy-free. Gummies made with this BCAA powder provide vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids, and an energy boost.
BCAA Gummy Recipe
- 1 scoop of California Gold Nutrition BCAA Branched Chain Amino Acids Powder
- 1.5 scoops (15 g) of unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup of water
- Candy molds
- Combine and mix the ingredients in a bowl to dissolve the gelatin.
- Simmer the solution in a pot on low heat for approximately five minutes to thicken.
- Stir the mixture while cooking.
- Pour the mixture into the molds.
- Let gummies solidify for three hours at room temperature or for 30 minutes in the freezer.
- Remove the gummies from the molds and store in the refrigerator.
- The gummies can be stored for up to six days.