HR

Posted on Oct 21, 2021
Now Foods Hawthorn Extract

Hawthorn extract contains plant polyphenols that have been linked to numerous health benefits due to their antioxidant properties. Hawthorn extract has shown anti-inflammatory properties. Hawthorn extract may reduce blood pressure by helping dilate blood vessels. Hawthorn extract has been shown to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels in animal studies. Hawthorn extract has been used as a digestive aid for centuries. It can decrease the transit time of food in your digestive system. What’s more, its fiber content is a prebiotic and may help relieve constipation. Hawthorn extract is an ingredient in some hair growth products. Its polyphenol content may promote healthy hair growth. Hawthorn extract helps reduce anxiety. Hawthorn extract is beneficial for people with heart failure, as it has been shown to improve heart function and decrease symptoms like shortness of breath and fatigue.

My blood pressure is normally 115/70 but all of sudden it went high up to 156/90!! not sure why, and my heart beats was 90-128 without performing any activity. After searching the web I found that Hawthorn is most recommended so I start taking one capsule every other day and now everything is back to normal.

Posted on Apr 8, 2022

I was taking Hawthorn extract from another company initially. Then I switched to this one because I love NOW brand products and it was also cheaper. With both, I don't notice anything really and definitely no negative effects. My naturopathic doctor recommends it for me so I take it.

Posted on Feb 13, 2022

I have bought this, and also the hawthorn berries, as I know they are good for the heart. I also have Dr Christopher's heart tonic, which is liquid. I can alternate all these in order to gain the maximum protection for my heart. Now brand is always a good price and good quality.

Posted on Dec 26, 2021

Hawthorn is the oldest European medicinal herb. Its flowers, leaves, and berries are highly valued, especially as heart disease remedies. Hawthorns (Crataegus spp.) are thorny trees or bushes with white flowers and red berries. Although the name “Hawthorn” originally referred to the common hawthorn (C. monogyna), it’s now used for the whole genus and even for its relatives (Rhaphiolepis). Hawthorns are native to Europe, North America, and Asia. They belong to the same family as roses and many edible fruits such as apples, pears, plums, and cherries (Rosaceae). The German Commission E approved hawthorn use for mild heart failure in the 1980s. Flavonoids are most concentrated in the flowers. Berries are also rich in them, but ripe ones less so. Leaves are higher in vitexin and oligomeric proanthocyanidins. Strong heart antioxidant. I used one cap per day of this supplement. The taste is good.

Posted on Aug 31, 2021

My brother was taking this instead of usual medicine. Took it once every after meal or twice a day since he doesn't eat breakfast. The improvement is not as drastic with the pharma medicine but an improvement nonetheless, around 10-15 points off in his Sys and Dia. Took him out of this supplement and he is back to where he started. We are just waiting for the Extra Strength variant to be in stock and we will purchase this again.

Posted on Jul 23, 2022

I use two tablets of Hawthorn Exteact every day: one in the morning (breakfast) and one in the evening (diner). I take them for my heart (from time to time atrial fibrillation). So far I think Hawthorn Extract works good for me, a decrease of the number of atrial fibrillation.

Posted on Aug 8, 2022

Love this brand. This product has done wonders to my blood pressure. Been able to keep it down. I take it every day as suggested.

Posted on Jul 15, 2022

This hawthorn extract it has very good synergy of the natural compounds and offers the benefits found in the berries. is very good for heart health.

Posted on May 23, 2022

Very good product! I absolutely love the quality of that brand and this package is not an exception. Depends on frequency you use it. Works really good for me so I can highly recommend that product.