HR

Posted on Mar 18, 2022
Good

Expires Jan 2024, 2+ years expiry. Thankfully it indicates that there might be risk of gastric discomfort so took only a pill a day. takes a while to experience the effects. Good at keeping me relaxed at night before bed. Experienced a bit of tummy issues with this but overall recommended

6a613b30-58dc-486e-a26f-36bb5d73a640
9c29b7da-696c-4bcc-ac46-6cedacf6f255
Posted on Sep 8, 2022

I find Natural Factors to be a high quality brand in all their supplements and this is no exception. I am still testing out the benefits as I've been going through a really stressful time in my life. However, it seems to help with some of that stress and to keep my mood more even despite all that is going on.

Posted on Aug 7, 2022

I’ve been taking this for a couple of years. It’s meant to help with emotional/mood issues, similar to an anti depressant. I now take also a very low dose of an SSRI which you should always check with a health professional because it can lead to serotonin syndrome if you take high doses of both. I believe it supports me, but the only way to know for sure would be to stop taking it and I’m not prepared to do that. I believe that it allows me to be on the extremely low dose of my ssri (5mg) with a therapeutic result.

Posted on Aug 4, 2022

This really works! I take it before bed and I sleep so good! 5 htp is a precursor for melatonin via the serotonin pathway. And taken in the morning, it gives a calm and steady mind for the day. Good for mood and stress control. I appreciate the benefit. Good packaging and greata mino acid!

Posted on Aug 27, 2022

Given the stressful month I've just had I do think these are helping as I've stayed pretty calm and focused and sleeping reasonably well, so I will continue with them to see how continued benefits go. I'm hoping for a boost in serotonin and general maintenance of calm mood.

Posted on Jul 16, 2022

Like many people, I struggle with occasional anxiety and depression. I have tried other supplements in the past like phenibut, taurine, l-theanine. After some research I saw that 5-htp is also an option for trying. When it came I decided to take it for a couple of days straight without any other supplements. I read with some other reviews that you might experience insomnia and stomach problems with 5-htp, and for me it was also the case. The positive effects are also true, you do feel a little more relaxed 30 min after taking it and it makes you more stable. But all in all I will keep it for very occasional use. This supplement should never be mixed with antidepressants

Posted on Jan 31, 2022

It seems to work for better sleep , but I always have the issue that new 5 HTP products only help for a while , then I have to stop for a few days ., but that I have with every kind and brand . I take it 1/2 before sleeping

Posted on Jul 4, 2022

I have used several different brands, and this is the best one I've tried! I definitely think it helps elevate mood, and reduce stress. I sleep better, appreciate the fact that there are no unwanted additional ingredients!

Posted on Mar 29, 2022

I like 5-htp because it increases the level of my mood and helps to control appetite. This product is great value for money, will buy again.

Posted on Mar 22, 2022

Have been on this for a couple of years to help with mood swings from Lyme disease, I tried other brands but this is the only one that doesn’t make me nauseas. Also helps with Mast cell disorder so I can eat more foods without reacting to them.