HR

NATALIIAUK
Posted on Nov 18, 2021
Great impression from this product! Use it for drinks & baking!

The main essence of this powder - it is a substitute for chocolate & cocoa, which doesn't contain caffeine & contains much less fat. I would say, taste is not much similar to cocoa/chocolate, it has an interesting nutty-coffee- like taste & flavor. This is OK, as carob belongs to legume family & cocoa to mallow family. I use it 50%/50% for cacao/carob drink to reduce caffeine content in a cup, which results also in unusual interesting taste. Just try it to have your own impression😊. Another fave drink is banana + carob + cinnamon smoothie. It's so delicious. Perfect in the morning, as carob is packed with essential nutrients: calcium, zinc, magnesium; some B vitamins, polyphenol antioxidants. I use it for baking healthy cookies with whole grain flour. Origin of this carob is United States. Friends❤️, I sincerely recommend this product based on my experience. If this review was helpful/informative for you, please click 👍! Enjoy & thanks🙏!

dd8cc600-1d6d-49b0-9ad0-38d24811fde9
b39b2555-ceff-4aca-9c60-28b3d288bfff

Since I have a id reflux having chocolate is something I have tried to eliminate. I bought a reflux cook book and it talked about carob powder. I decided to give it a try and it is a good substitute. It has more of a nutty flavor than chocolate but it does help provide that placebo effect of chocolate. I have used it in smoothies and cakes and brownies. But carob powder should be limited because it is high in sugars. So maybe not a good thing for a diabetic. However a little goes a very long way.

Posted on Aug 11, 2022

This is a good replacement for chocolate and coffee. It tastes like coffee when you brew it, and it tastes like chocolate when you put in a smoothie. The ingredients are just carob powder as is. No preservatives and what not, I didn’t taste any of that when I used it. Quality is excellent, it’s powdery and doesn’t have chunks in it. Suitable for AIP diet. Also, I heard it has more benefits than chocolate. Very well packaged, no leaking or any of that.

Posted on Jul 17, 2022

Since I have acid reflux, I use this carob powder as a substitute any time a recipe calls for cocoa powder including smoothies and some deserts. This comes very close to duplicating the taste without the side effects. I am very satisfied with the taste of this brand and the price is very reasonable.

Carrie-Carrie
Posted on May 28, 2022

Due to an issue, I was unfortunately advised not to eat chocolate which was extremely hard as I ate dark chocolate every day prior. With research I found carob powder and decided to give it a shot. When I first tried it (added to orgain nutritional shakes) I did find it to be bitter, but not overly so. I am now on my 3rd bag, so my taste buds have adapted and actually look forward to this everyday. I also enjoy mixing with coconut milk and bananas to make a "chocolate cake" that my kids beg to eat when they see me with it!

Lumi Lumi
Posted on May 28, 2022

This is a wonderful product to have for baking when chocolate is called for. I have been using this for years and my family cannot tell I an not using chocolate. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed. This particular brand has now become my favorite. It makes the best banana - peanut butter "ice cream". I just use rice milk, 1 1/2 frozen bananas, a tlb of peanut or almond butter, and some ice. It is also good with a little added vanilla, coconut, or carob chips. Delicious!

Posted on May 12, 2022

I use carob to make my substitution for coffee - roasted chicory root and this roasted carob 50/50 in a turkish-style coffee maker: enjoy this drink a lot! Also, I sometimes do my own candies - and carob is essential for these I like almost all the products from Frontier Co-op: they are always of great quality!

Posted on Feb 21, 2022

Bought this to bake cookies, cakes and stuffs for my dogs (since they cannot take chocolates). There's a rather overwhelming smell which can be off-putting initially. But you get used to it and it's not discernable in the final baked goods. Would be better if it comes in a resealable pouch for ease of storage. To maintain the freshness, I transfer the powder into a air-tight, screw-cap container and added some little sachets of silica to absorb moisture. Overall, quite satisfied with the product. My dogs love the cookies, cakes and muffins baked with this carob powder. Will consider repurchasing this or try the other brand next time!

Posted on Jan 10, 2022

Tastes good and found it helpful for indigestion after questionable (not fresh) food. Put it on top of applesauce and it went down easy. This is something I keep in the cabinet for this purpose. I'd consider it high quality and the amount is good, probably more than I need, but it'll last a while.

Posted on Dec 16, 2021

Great quality, has a nice aroma and pleasant taste, not bland like some other carob powders. Great in recipes that call for cocoa, or to replace half the cocoa - if you use cocoa and carob together no one can tell there's carob in there! But personally I like the taste of this carob in sweet smoothies and baked goods, it doesn't need to be hidden, a great flavor