HR

Posted on Feb 10, 2022
Desert Essence,100% Pure Jojoba Oil, 4 fl oz (118 ml)

Desert Essence brand is slowly becoming my fave brand. This product has definitely benefitted me - using it almost daily for facial massage, hair and scalp. Its quality of 100% pure jojoba oil with no chemical processing and additives are big pluses for my sensitive skin. It nourishes and moisturizes my skin. I have no issue with the scent is mild.

da650488-8870-4ae4-b489-c7d165364d6c
Posted on Aug 7, 2022

I've been using Desert Essence Jojoba Oil for years, it's a great multipurpose oil. I use it to moisturize my face and body, condition and detangle my hair, and remove makeup. All you need is a few drops, a little goes a long way. Jojoba oil is a "dry oil," so it will not leave you with that greasy, oily feeling as long as you use the correct amount. It is very close to the body's natural sebum, so it absorbs quickly. It is pretty much odorless and mixes well with other moisturizers and oils. It is very gentle, I have sensitive skin and it has never made me break out. One 4 oz bottle lasts forever. By the time you finish the bottle, you won't even remember when you first bought it. A trick to make sure you don't dispense too much is to keep the seal on the bottle when you receive it and just poke a tiny little hole in the seal with a safety pin, then screw the cap back on. That's literally all you need is the little drops that come out of the pinhole. If you remove the entire seal from the bottle opening then WAY more than you need will gush out every time. If you've already removed the seal, just wipe off the excess oil and reseal the bottle opening with some packing tape, poke a hole, then screw the lid back on.

257bea10-970a-4fee-a90b-edf1a2f75b9a
f1537e91-070e-4dfe-8d5b-ef8da37d288c
Posted on Apr 27, 2022

The size is really small!! And the scent isnt really bad i use it after i straight my hair its moisturize and give it such a pretty shine, i use it on my 6 years old sister and i think the age doesnt really affect with this oil ,it has pretty quality too i ordered over a year and its still the same

4e66e7ce-47cd-4c74-8168-87cbd5ae63b3
RGA640
Posted on Jun 16, 2022

Nice to have this oil as part of your beauty arsenal. I apply on hair and skin when they feel dry from frequent shampooing and showering. Not greasy. Makes my hair and skin soft. Bottle is quite small, but you will only need a few drops on the palm of your hands, rub, then apply. Scent is mild.

Posted on Sep 6, 2021

This has been my favorite brand of jojoba oil for many years! It is so light & not that greasy! I use it to boost the level of moisturization when added to other products, or to help heal & rejuvenate skin on the face (it makes skin brighten/glow when massaged in at night)! Good for cuticle care as well. I do trust NOW products, including their oils, but found their jojoba oil so heavy. The bottles their oils come in are not great for oils, either, with the push-top lid that releases way too much product at a time, and oil easily seeps out on its own, too. The lid on this jojoba oil has just a little hole, which allows for a very controlled dispensing of the oil, & it doesn’t seem out on its own over time, either. I love this about it also. Price has gone up like crazy over several years, but I’m sure that’s not iherb’s fault, & it’s still well worth it to me.

Posted on Aug 10, 2022

Posted on Jul 12, 2022

I don't even remember when I purchased this little bottle, but I still have it. Good quality oil, and a little truly goes a long way. I've used it for my natural hair as well as for oil cleansing my skin and on my children's hair/scalp as well.

Posted on Jul 3, 2022

I’ve been buying this brand for years, they’re consistent with the quality. The scent is very mild, the oil is a nice texture and soaks in to the skin quickly. Very nourishing and moisturizing for sensitive skin. It’s also great for hair-a few drops pulled thru clean dry hair gives it shine and takes frizz. It also works well as a carrier oil to dilute essential oil.

Posted on May 28, 2022

This is such a nice quality oil that's so multi-purpose. Although it's size is a tad small you get alot of usage out of it. Thus far I've used it as a cleanser on my face and treatment in my hair as I have some breakage from heat damage, it's left my hair feel soft and shiny. It does have a subtle scent however it's not overpowering and you don't really notice it too much and it absorbs fairly quickly into skin.