HR

Posted on Jul 4, 2022
Sourdough heaven 🤩

This is a high quality rye and it makes the best tasting sourdough! I use 1:2 ratio with strong bread flour. The new packaging has a different seal at the top, almost like Velcro. Not sure if I like it or not yet. I don’t think it’s airtight compared to the old zip lock packaging. But I keep it all in a sealed container. It’s much cheaper ordering this way than going into local health food stores in Australia.

5d7c6717-dc41-4cc4-a0d8-43a479e6a034
Posted on Dec 19, 2021

I use Bob's Red Mill Dark Rye Flour to make sourdough breads. This gives a different flavor and appearance compared to just using wheat flour, making finished products more appetizing. Nutritional value wise, rye also adds more minerals, iron and fiber to loaves. A blend of Bob's quality dark rye and wheat flour is always what I use for sourdough breads.

50965ca7-fbca-4607-83a9-0a37a0f5fc40
Posted on Jun 4, 2022

This rye flour has a wonderful fragrance and makes a very elastic dough that is easy to work with. Like all rye flour, it can be a bit stick, but the elasticity makes shaping it very nice. I have used it for regular rye and pumpernickel. The pumpernickel was particularly good. It smelled just like I remember it should and the chewy texture made it a great sandwich bread. My children liked it plain or just buttered.

67a46b5e-52ad-4496-ae59-08bcc3b9e734
Posted on Oct 18, 2021

Great quality. The flour is finely grinded. I used it to bake sourdough bread. Packaging is attractive. Since i'm baking bread every weekend, i would definitely use this frequently adding into our bread diet.

4f2ed49e-c5c0-4111-906c-baf416cd4b54